Pages

Thursday 15 May 2014

Short Set Exhibit In Lowestoft

I discovered the Short Set was out today, and it seemed to good an opportunity to miss, so I got off the 61 at Lowestoft Station just as she was coming in from Norwich

47818 "Emily" leads the short set into a sunny Lowestoft
So I boarded, settled into a First Class seat knowing it's a standard class service so no 1st Class fares and waited. And waited. Then we were told that Somerleyton bridge had failed and we wouldn't be going anywhere indefinitely. So I abandoned that idea and went back to the buses. And missed a treat as the replacement bus to Norwich was 34114, which left Lowestoft Bus Staiton while I was there. However I went back to the station at 1230 and both 47's were switched off, the platform was deserted and it turned into a great photo opportunity. It was still there at 1630 this afternoon.

47501 in the midday sun at a deserted Lowestoft
So I went to Southwold on Anglian gas bus 107 and took another of my seaside postcards, this time in decent sunshine.

Anglian 107 AU62 DWL enhancing the look of Southwold Pier
On the way round Kessingland I noticed that Anglian have put up new timetables for the 61 at all the bus stops as far as Pakefield. They are simple and easy to read, green too as they cover both sides of the road! Will we see separate First timetables go up next week!

The new look timetables at bus stops in Kessingland. It is readable if you download and zoom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment