Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

Leyland National Surprise

A really pleasant surprise this morning when I glanced out of my window and saw a Leyland National passing by which rather conveniently stopped outside Whincops garage where it was haing a chassis clean. YYE 274T was new to London Transport in 1979 as LS274 and was based at Edgware Garage operating the 210 between Brent Cross and Finsbury Park. It saw service in later life at Chase in Walsall and the last few years has been providing farm transport in Eastbourne. It is now in private ownership, and the current owner has asked to remain anonymous, which of course I respect. Cheers though, buddy - brightened my day up and I look forward to seeing her in her restored glory when completed.

Former LS274 outside Whincops garage in Peasenhall this morning
Leyland National YYE 274 T about to go on the bus bidet at Whincops

No comments:

Post a Comment